JuléTravel Background Checks
Industry numbers show that the vast majority, in fact probably 99% of people who rent, swap or host in their homes and the people they serve, are trustworthy, upstanding citizens. However, for some people the thought of the 1% still keeps them up at night. So that we all can sleep better, JuléTravel offers our members and travelers the opportunity to conduct low-cost and yet over-the-top-thorough background checks as follows.
Of course, conducting background checks on people can make some people uncomfortable and it requires the sharing of very personal information such as social security numbers. With this in mind, see below for our recommended procedure for using our background check tools.
1. If you are a member of JuléTravel and are listing your home for rent, host or swap, you can improve your chances of being selected by travelers by conducting a background check on yourself prior to or early on in your membership. If you would like to then have our special background check symbol added to your profile to show you have already been background checked, simply email us a copy of the background check and we will add that symbol to your profile. This symbol will allow travelers to feel more comfortable when contacting you. You will only need to conduct that search once per year.
2. If you are a traveler using JuléTravel, you can also speed up the process of being accepted by a JuléTravel member to stay at their property if you have already conducted a background check on yourself through our system. Then, anytime that you want to book through JuléTravel all you need to do is notify the member that you have already completed the check. If they would like to see it, then provide them a copy. You will only need to conduct this search once per year.
3. If you are a traveler or a member and you would like to wait to see if anyone asks for a background check, simply do nothing for now. Then, if someone asks you to conduct a check, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO DO SO. If you are not willing to submit to the check, simply tell them so and ask if there is anything else you can do to help them feel more comfortable with you. Perhaps you can friend them on Facebook, direct them to your LinkedIn Profile or perhaps provide them with personal references they can check. If you are open to conducting the background check, simply go to the link at the bottom of this page and follow the directions to complete the check. You and the member or traveler can decide who should pay the cost of the check. Once you have completed a check, be sure to keep a copy for a year in case you need it again.
Search Fee: $39.95*
The SAFETY1ST TRAVELCHECK package includes:
- National Criminal SUPERSEARCH CHECK
- National Sex Offender Check
- SSN IDentity Check + Address History
- County Criminal Check*
- Homeland Security Check
- Results in 2-3 business days
* PLUS ANY court access fees if applicable (see below)
Since a COUNTY COURT CHECK is included in the SAFETY1ST TRAVELCHECK package - some courts in the USA charge an access fee (which we have no control over) anywhere from $5 to $30 with the average being $10.00 - however some NY COURTS charge a $65.00 fee. The courts that charge fees only represent about 1% of the 3200 county courts in the USA. The COUNTY CHECK is highly recommended for accuracy and comprehension with the NATL CHECK. Jule’Travel customers will always see a TOTAL before they make payment - so you will never be "caught off guard" - in addition it will show the additional fee for the COUNTY before checking out. This is standard protocol in the industry for county checks.
Click here to submit background check.